Hey, I'm Carmela,
an Art Director
I am a retired actress with a background in design and advertising, but if you ask my family they think I sit at a desk and draw all day.
I have over 8 years of experience working with clients such as Molson Canadian, Boston Pizza, Creemore Springs, Home Hardware, Old Dutch, Sleep Country, Shoppers Drug Mart, MLSE, Scotts Lawn and many others.
When I’m not cooking up creative, you can usually catch me on the soccer field, singing in the shower or drinking lots and lots of coffee.
AWARDS + ACCOMPLISHMENTS
• Applied Arts for "BlackFly Rebrand" 2018 Winner in the student category for "Design Series".
• Community Relations Campaign of the Year - SILVER – energi PR and Astellas for #Pucks4Prostate
• Best Digital Communications Campaign of the Year - BRONZE – energi PR and Astellas for #Pucks4Prostate
• Ontario Pharmaceutical Marketing Association Award 2017 for #PUCKS4PROSTATE Campaign
• Applied Arts for "Ugly Made Beautiful" in two categories. 2017 Winner in the student category for "Design" and "Typography Design & Application".
• Crystal Achievement Award for 2012 Best Marketing Material/Print Material
• Interior Design Show 2012 Toronto Gold Best Booth Design in Show.
• Humber College - Bachelor Of Creative Advertising
• George Brown College - Diploma of Graphic Design
• George Brown College - Design Foundations Certificate
RECENT WORK EXPERIENCE
• John St. Advertising - Current - Art Director
• Dash Agency - Art Director
• Rethink Advertising - Art Director
• Tiltco Fenestration - Head of Design + Marketing